The Station Director is expected to:
- Provide vision, support, and coordination in planning, developing and implementing departmental programs in research and extension in accord with the Land Grant Mission.
- Represent the interests of the Station and its faculty with campus administrators, other departments and units, stakeholder groups, and outside agencies.
- Create and maintain productive working relationships with the cranberry industry and state agencies to establish priorities that reflect current needs of the industry.
- Report unit status and progress to the Station's Board of Public Oversight.
- Promote and secure external funding opportunities to support the programs of the Station, including supporting his/her own research program.
- Maintain a rigorous research and extension program, in a discipline that supports the cranberry industry.
- Recruit faculty, staff, and students, assess their performance, and foster their academic growth and professional development.
- Oversee the management of the Station, including human and financial resources.
The full job announcement has been posted to the UMass jobs site. You can find it at this link.