These are PAID hourly positions!
Main responsibilities to include (but are not limited to): install and maintain orchard pest monitoring equipment and other orchard fieldwork tasks as required. Mostly, this is a learning/mentoring position for the right individual(s). Therefore, we might expect you to also draft content for newsletters and other publications based on monitoring information and relevant field observations. More specifically, jobs will include:
- Install and monitor insect traps.
- Scout orchards for disease weekly.
- Assess pest population levels in field.
- Provide information to grower for production decisions purposes.
- Maintain experiment-specific equipment.
The right person(s) will:
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Be detail oriented and organized.
- Is familiar with spreadsheets and on-line data entry.
- Has some knowledge of the scientific process and experimental design.
- Be willing to working both inside and outside and travel throughout Massachusetts.
A Driver’s License is required (reliable personal vehicle a bonus!).
Interested? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org