Here is a list of articles and other resources for greenhouse plant propagation by seed and cuttings.
- Propagating Crops from Seed and Greenhouse Management (Section of a curriculum publication for teaching. Good information on techniques used to propagate crops from seed.)
University of California Santa Cruz, Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems Teaching Organic Farming and Gardening Skills
- Lang H. and D. Koranski. Plug Postproduction: Some Helpful Tips. OFA Bulletin. Feb. 1996.
- Leatherwood R. , A. Enfield and R. Lopez. Part 1. Getting the Most Out of Cuttings. GPN Nov. 2006 issue.
- Leatherwood R. , R. Lopez and A. Enfield Part 2. Managing the Cuttings’ Environment. GPN Dec. 2006 issue.
- Lopez R. and H. Wollaeger. Increasing the Rooting Success of Challenging Vegetative Cutting Species. E-Gro Feb. 2016.
- Lopez R. and E. Runkle. 2005. Managing Light During Propagation. Purdue University.
- Sawaya M. Growing in the Green: It's time for a tune-up. Greenhouse Canada. Sept. 2010 issue.
- Styer R. Plug Growers Tips Tricks and Tools. Grower Talks Aug. 2013 issue.
- Styer R. Reduce Shrink in Propagation. 2009. GPN Jan. 2009 issue.
- Wollaeger H. Which Vegetative Cuttings Should I Stick First. 2016. Michigan State University (Article is based on ethylene susceptibility of plants)
Guidelines and Charts for Propagation
Commercial seed and plant supply companies supply guidelines and charts. See links to charts in the fact sheet: Scheduling Greenhouse Crops
Grow a Better Liner, Parts 1 and 2 Ball Publishing
Williams K. Watering Plugs and Bedding Plants, E-Gro 2014.
Tina Smith, UMass Extension