Garden Calendar Photo Contest!
Ever take a great garden photo and think “this would be perfect for the UMass Garden Calendar?” We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting photos submitted by the public. Submissions will be judged by the calendar team at UMass Extension and may earn a spot in the 2020 Garden Calendar. Winning photographers will be credited in the Garden Calendar and will receive 5 free calendars.
Rules and information:
- Photos must be submitted by April 1, 2019 in order to be considered for the 2020 calendar.
- Photos must be garden or landscape oriented, with a plant or plants as the main theme. Photos may not include people. Eligibility of photos depicting recognizable locations will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Plants featured in photos must be suited to culture in southern New England. A good guideline is plants appropriate for USDA Hardiness Zones 4-7.
- Photos must be digital, oriented horizontally, and of sufficient resolution to produce a high-quality 9.5” x 12.5” print at 300 ppi. This translates to minimum dimensions of approximately 3000 x 4000 pixels. Photos not meeting resolution criteria will not be considered.
- Entrants may only submit original photographs. No more than three photos per entrant.
- Submission information:
- Send photos as an e-mail attachment (one photo per e-mail) to email@example.com
- In the body of the e-mail, include your name, contact information, plant(s) identification information, and a caption of approximately 75 words or less to describe your photo.
Questions? Call UMass Extension at 413-545-0895 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org