Tips on Writing Your Resume
Here's a few tips on writing your resume.
- Study the duties for the job you're applying for. Identify two or three general skills that are important to the job.
- Review your background and experience list. Find talents and accomplishments that demonstrate your ability to perform the job skills.
- List your talents and accomplishments under the job skills they relate to.
- Use simple, short, active sentences.
139 River Lane, Cedar, OH 01234
Part-time entry level position in bookkeeping.
- Earned Exceptional Employee Accomplishment raise at McDonald's.
- Excellent at thinking through problem situations.
- 1 year successful experience in bookkeeping and as cashier at McDonald's.
- Finished business classes with high grades.
[This applicant is still in high school. He wants to work part-time until he graduates.]
- Accurately completed bookkeeping assignments at McDonald's in half the usual time required.
- Recorded daily sales.
- Computed total items sold and tallied total daily revenues.
- Assembled monthly reports showing cashiering errors and audited employee register records.
- Verified accuracy of vendor invoices and helped compute employee hours on time cards.
- Balanced family checkbook and helped pay bills.
- Assisted store manager in training and assigning employees.
- Prepared new employee personnel folders.
- Called substitutes to cover during illness or rush hours.
- Filed and retrieved personnel records.
- Posted and filed official documents.
- Word processed letters, answered telephone, scheduled interviews, made reservations.
*Focus attention on strong points.
|1990||Full-time student||Cedar High School|
|Dec. 88-May 89||Bookkeeper||McDonald's|
|Summer 1988||Clerk||Cedar Recreation Center|
Education and Training
- Senior - Cedar High School
- Business Courses: accounting, word processing, journalism
- President of school Business Club
*Resumes do NOT include references.