The 4-H Filmmaking project allows youth to express themselves while developing other life skills such as communication, problem solving, critical thinking, planning and organizing. With better cameras on phones and other electronic devices and a wide array of software options, youth have access to technology for making movies more than ever before. The 4-H curriculum provides guidance on camera operation, storyboard and editing and the 4-H Filmmaking Studio and Workshop provides tools and many resources to help youth make basic films. http://www.4-h.org/resource-library/curriculum/4-h-filmmaking-studio-and-workshop/
Along with filmmaking there are other ways to tell a story using technology. Similar to NYSD 2019 activity "Pitch Your Passion" you can code/create a PSA or story using Scratch for example. The other is combing georeference points, pictures and information into a Storymap through the power of ArcGIS Online.
- 4-H Filmmaking DVD
- Flip camera and Digital camera
- I-pads with I-movie application
- *Check programs such as photo filter to reduce image size
- *Your local cable access often gives classes, tours and opportunity to tape a PSA or program.
- Storyboard Template
- National 4-H Filmfest
- Introduction to ArcGIS Online & Storymaps
- National 4-H GIS Leadership Team