A collaborative project of the Cooperative Extension vegetable programs in the six New England States, this guide provides both conventional and organic commercial vegetable growers, on small and large farms, with up-to-date production and pest management information.
The 2018-2019 New England Vegetable Management Guide is a comprehensive guide to current production and pest management techniques for commercial vegetable crops. There are in-depth sections on cultural practices, vegetable transplant production, integrated pest management for insects, weeds and diseases, and on individual vegetable crops. New information included in this edition on:
- Post-harvest handling and storage
- Soil fertility and nutrient amendments, including biostimulants, foliar amendments, and microbial inoculants
- Wildlife management
- Weed management
- New varieties
- Pesticide label information
Purchase copies of the Guide at the UMass Extension Bookstore. Purchases can be made online or by printing your confirmation and mailing it in with a check. You can also order by phone: (413) 545-2717.
Buy the Guide by itself, or as a package with the NE Vegetable & Strawberry Pest ID Guide. The Pest ID Guide contains over 200 full-color images of the weeds, insects, diseases, and disorders that may be affecting your crops, and beneficial insects too. The Pest ID Guide is an indispensable companion to the Veg Guide, and you save big when you buy them together!
- 2016-2017 New England Vegetable Management Guide alone: $25.00
- Northeast Vegetable & Strawberry Pest Identification Guide alone: $15.00
- Veg Guide & Pest ID combo pack: $30.00