Join us for a tour of current crop research at the farm and a demo of our newly purchased no-till transplanter in action. The research tour will go from 3-6pm and dinner will be provided at the end of the tour.
Registration is required due to COVID-19 safety protocols. Register by filling out a form here.
The tour will include presentations on the following research:
- Demonstrating no-till transplanter at work
- Finding the right mixture of summer cover crops for harvest
- Strategies for terminating cover crops
- Sunn hemp: Grow your own nitrogen fertilizer
- Organic control of wireworms in sweet potatoes
- Downy mildew-resistant cucumber varieties
- Organic control of Cercospora leaf spot in Swiss chard
- Bacterial wilt-resistant slicing cucumbers
- Damping off in winter spinach
- Dual-use solar on Massachusetts farms
- Strategies for extending grazing seasons
- Bumblebee responses to different "flavors" of basil
- Stem cells in agriculture
This event is made possible by the Massachusetts Coordinated Soil Health Program, MDAR, Northeast SARE, Stockbridge School of Agriculture, and American Farmland Trust.