Soil and Plant Nutrient Testing Laboratory
Why Test Soil?
Here are five good reasons!
- Nutrient levels - Test results provide you with soil nutrient levels and fertilizer recommendations when needed.
- Soil Acidity - Soil pH and exchangeable acidity are measured for the determination of lime requirements.
- Environmental Protection - Test results identify areas with excess nutrients that can pollute local waterways.
- Economics - You buy soil amendments only when needed, avoiding unnecessary spending.
- Health - Soil testing can help protect you and your family by alerting you to elevated levels of lead or other toxic heavy metals.
Soil tests do not identify plant growth problems associated with soil drainage, insects, plant diseases (whether soil-borne or not), weeds, winter injury or the misuse of pesticides.
The staff of the Soil & Plant Nutrient Testing Lab returned to onsite work on Tuesday, June 23, 2020. Orders will be processed in the order they were received.
Please be aware that we will not be accepting new samples for analysis until the backlog of orders is significantly reduced. Please do not send soil or plant samples for analysis until we are able to accept new orders. Updates will be posted here as test results are delivered.