Soil and Plant Nutrient Testing Laboratory
Why Test Soil?
Here are five good reasons!
- Nutrient levels - Test results provide you with soil nutrient levels and fertilizer recommendations when needed.
- Soil Acidity - Soil pH and exchangeable acidity are measured for the determination of lime requirements.
- Environmental Protection - Test results identify areas with excess nutrients that can pollute local waterways.
- Economics - You buy soil amendments only when needed, avoiding unnecessary spending.
- Health - Soil testing can help protect you and your family by alerting you to elevated levels of lead or other toxic heavy metals.
Soil tests do not identify plant growth problems associated with soil drainage, insects, plant diseases (whether soil-borne or not), weeds, winter injury or the misuse of pesticides.
The staff of the Soil & Plant Nutrient Testing Lab returned to onsite work on Tuesday, June 23, 2020. Orders will be processed in the order they were received.
We will be accepting new orders for ROUTINE SOIL ANALYSIS and PARTICLE SIZE ANALYSIS orders ONLY beginning Monday, 7/13/20. Please do not send orders for other types of analyses at this time. Updates will be posted here as test results are delivered.
Orders should be sent via USPS, UPS, FedEx or other private carrier. The lab office will remain closed to the general public until further notice. Hand delivered orders will not be accepted at this time.