Soil and Plant Nutrient Testing Laboratory
Why Test Soil?
Here are five good reasons!
- Nutrient levels - Test results provide you with soil nutrient levels and fertilizer recommendations when needed.
- Soil Acidity - Soil pH and exchangeable acidity are measured for the determination of lime requirements.
- Environmental Protection - Test results identify areas with excess nutrients that can pollute local waterways.
- Economics - You buy soil amendments only when needed, avoiding unnecessary spending.
- Health - Soil testing can help protect you and your family by alerting you to elevated levels of lead or other toxic heavy metals.
Soil tests do not identify plant growth problems associated with soil drainage, insects, plant diseases (whether soil-borne or not), weeds, winter injury or the misuse of pesticides.
The staff of the Soil & Plant Nutrient Testing Lab has returned to onsite work. Orders are processed in the order they are received.
We are currently accepting new orders for ROUTINE SOIL ANALYSIS (including optional Organic Matter, Soluble Salts, and Nitrate testing) and PARTICLE SIZE ANALYSIS orders ONLY. Please do not send orders for other types of analyses at this time. Updates will be posted here as test results are delivered. Current turnaround time for Routine Soil Analysis is 6-10 business days.
The Soil & Plant Nutrient Testing Lab Office will remain closed to the public until further notice. Hand-delivered orders will not be accepted at this time. Please send orders via USPS, UPS, FedEx or other private carrier.