The UMass Extension Vegetable Program is offering a series of online twilight meetings all about water! We will welcome extension specialists and farmers from Massachusetts and beyond to cover a range of water-related topics.
This is the second workshop in the series and will cover how to map out and inspect your farm's water distribution system. It will also cover the food safety risks presented by different water sources and how to assess risks and understand water testing results.
- Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources Produce Safety Inspection Program - Massachusetts' draft produce safety regulations and update on water testing rules
- Scott Monroe, Purdue Extension - Water sampling, understanding risks to source water and understanding water test results
- Phil Tocco, MSU Extension - Water distribution system mapping and inspections
Other events in this series:
- Wednesday, Sep. 16, 6-7:30 pm: Irrigation water sources, mapping and inspecting water distribution systems, and water testing for FSMA
- Wednesday, Sep. 30, 6-7:30 pm: Post-harvest water quality and sanitizer use
Register in advance for this meeting.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.