Science, Engineering & Technology
The 4-H Youth Development Program—with its direct connection to the research and resources of the Cooperative Extension System’s 106 land-grant universities and colleges— is positioned to strengthen US global competitiveness and leadership in science, engineering and technology.
Objectives of MA 4-H SET
- The objectives of the Massachusetts 4-H Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) Program are:
- To increase “SET Abilities” and life skills through positive interactions with others.
- To teach scientific principles to young people.
- To offer options in SET programs available to 4-H members and leaders.
- To inform youth about educational opportunities in Science, Engineering and Technology at the University of Massachusetts.
Opportunities in MA 4-H SET
There are many ways to get involved with 4-H SET!
- Join a 4-H SET club – this could be in the area of equine science, robotics, veterinary science, rocketry, or gardening just to name a few. MA 4-H has curricula and in some cases additional resources to support these project areas.
- Start a new 4-H group in a SET project area - its easy, your local 4-H Educator can assist you.
- Add some SET activities to your 4-H club meetings, even if this is not your major project area. There are many 4-H SET curricula available on a loan basis from your local 4-H office. These curricula have instructions that are easy to follow for FUN, hands-on activities!
- 4-H members and volunteers have the opportunity to participate in SET workshops in their county or region; these usually happen in the winter.
- 4-H members can participate in the annual Summer of Science and other state and New England regional 4-H SET programs and conferences.
- 4-H teens and volunteers can join the MA 4-H SET Committee and work with 4-H staff to plan SET programs.
4-H Seeking Youth Members Working on Science, Engineering & Technology Projects
Are you a 4-H'er working on projects in environmental science, robotics, rocketry, GIS/GPS systems, animal science and more? National 4-H Council is looking for 4-H members to feature in an upcoming promotion. Take a moment to fill out a short 10-minute survey! Click here to access the survey.
Are you a 4-H Alumni? We'd love to hear from you too! Click here to access the 4-H Alumni survey.
If you have trouble or questions, email email@example.com.
SET Challenges- Show us how you “Make”
- 3-D Design
- Virtual 4-H Fair in Minecraft –(geodesign)
- Your maker projects from the fair
- Mapping project
- Robotics projects
- Other cool SET project or invention…
- Several potential Maker Fair Projects.
Send a picture or short video of your project along with a description and contact information to MA4HSET@gmail.com