Via our Survey Monkey survey, 84 clubs reported on their community service results. Results for those that reported show:
- 44% collected a total of 10,496 pounds of food, gathered and donated 1,757 pounds of farm-fresh produce and donated $838 to pantries
- 25% collected and donated 1,144 pounds of animal food, 241 blankets, more than 200 toys and assorted animal care items and $335 to animal shelters
- 18% donated clothing, personal care items and $912.50 to shelters
- 4% donated backpacks, books, toys and clothing to the Massachusetts Department of children and Families' Kids Fund
- 10% sent care packages to military members and/or thank-you cards to military children
- 69% indicated they participated in additional community service projects including the Relay for Life, Pet Walk, making hats and gloves for a shelter, making pillows for hospice patients, donating time to Flower Angels and more!
4-H members pledge their "hands to larger service." Together, their efforts make a difference in the lives of others.