Energy storage represents an important component of successfully integrating renewable energy into the grid on a large scale. Massachusetts has made the advancement of energy storage technology a priority in the commonwealth, through the Energy Storage Initiative and other programs.
Massachusetts Battery Energy Storage Innovation EcosystemClean Energy Extension is both contributing to these efforts across the state and at UMass – and leading an initiative to develop the Massachusetts Battery Energy Storage Innovation Ecosystem. Recent related activities include:
- Online Symposium: Creating Opportunity: Advancing the Massachusetts Battery Energy Storage Innovation Ecosystem, December 9, 2020
- Symposium Report and Proposed Next Steps: Leading the Charge: Accelerating the Massachusetts Battery Energy Storage Innovation Ecosystem, July 2021
- CEE Report: Building a Massachusetts Battery Energy Storage Innovation Ecosystem, June 2019
- UMass Amherst Energy Storage Project – research components under the MA ACES Demonstration Project
- CEE Report: Benchmarking of U.S. Battery Testing Facilities, January 2018