Garden Calendar Photo Contest!
Ever take a great garden photo and think “this would be perfect for the UMass Garden Calendar?” UMass accepts photos from the public for possible use in future Garden Calendars. Photos must be horizontally oriented with high resolution. Submissions will be judged by the calendar team at UMass Extension and may earn a spot in a future Garden Calendar. Winning photographers will be credited in the Garden Calendar and will receive 5 free calendars.
Congratulations to our 2021 UMass Garden Calendar photo contest winners!
Jane Bandini - January
Janna Thompson - May
Rules and information:
- Photos must be submitted by April 1 each year in order to be considered for the following year's calendar.
- Photos must be horizontally or landscape oriented, with a plant or plants as the main theme. Photos may not include people. Eligibility of photos depicting recognizable locations will be determined on a case by case basis. Tip: Images suitable for January, February, March, November, and December are the least frequenlty submitted.
- Plants featured in photos must be suited to growing in southern New England. A good guideline is plants appropriate for USDA Hardiness Zones 4-7.
- Photos must be digital, oriented horizontally, and of high resolution sufficient to produce a high-quality 9.5” x 12.5” print at 300 ppi. This translates to minimum dimensions of approximately 3000 x 4000 pixels. Photos not meeting resolution criteria will not be considered.
- Entrants may only submit original photographs. No more than three photos per entrant.
- Submission information:
- Send photos as an e-mail attachment (one photo per e-mail) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the body of the e-mail, include your name, contact information, plant(s) identification information, and a caption of approximately 75 words or less to describe your photo.
Questions? Call UMass Extension at 413-545-0895 or e-mail email@example.com