UMass Extension's Garden Calendar
Each year, the UMass Garden Calendar presents a selection of plants chosen by UMass Extension's Landscape, Nursery & Urban Forestry staff for seasonal effectiveness, adaptability to specific growing environments, and pest resistance. A brief description accompanies each photo to provide useful details about these plant choices. Furthermore, daily gardening tips provide information on productive and responsible practices, as well as garden pests and management strategies to help gardeners reduce pesticide usage. Also included are “how-to and when” tips such as dates to plant peas, renovate lawns, prune and fertilize roses, conserve water in the landscape, and many more.
The 2018 UMass Garden Calendar includes a featured article about Insects to Look for in Massachusetts which, along with a short segment on beneficial pollinators, presents key information on and photos of current invasive insects of note.
Our perennial wish is that you enjoy this calendar as much as we enjoy producing it, and that it is helpful in all your gardening endeavors.
About the Calendar
Give it as a gift and enjoy one yourself all year...
Each month of UMass Extension's 2018 Garden Calendar features:
- One large, inspiring garden image plus information about the image
- Daily gardening tips for Northeast growing conditions
- Daily sunrise and sunset times*
- Phases of the moon
- Plenty of room for notes
- Low gloss paper for easy writing
The UMass Garden calendar is a wall calendar. The dimensions of the calendar when open are 12.5" wide x 19" long.
* Sunrise and sunset times may differ from location to location within New England because of slight differences in latitude and longitude. Times used in this calendar are for Worcester, Mass. Moon phases, solstices, and equinoxes are in Eastern Standard Time.
Do you have a question on a home garden topic?
- Check out the links at http://ag.umass.edu/resources/home-lawn-garden for fact sheets, services, and additional resources for home gardeners.
- E-mail specific home garden and landscape questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for our Home Garden & Landscape e-mail list.
- Follow UMass Garden Clips on Twitter: https://twitter.com/umassgardenclip
Proceeds from sales of the Garden Calendar benefit UMass Extension's Landscape, Nursery & Urban Forestry Program.