UMass Extension's Garden Calendar
For many years, UMass Extension has worked with the citizens of Massachusetts to help them make sound choices about growing and maintaining plants in their landscapes, including ornamental plants, backyard fruits and vegetables. Our 2022 calendar continues UMass Extension's tradition of providing gardeners with practical information.
Did you know planting the right trees can encourage more caterpillars that in turn support birds? To learn more, as well has how to help keep your plants healthy, productive, and beautiful, the 2022 UMass Garden Calendar offers helpful guidelines, daily tips, and an inspiring garden image each month!
Our perennial wish is that you enjoy this calendar as much as we enjoy producing it, and that it is helpful in all your gardening endeavors.
About the Calendar
Each month of UMass Extension's Garden Calendar features:
- One large, inspiring garden image plus information about the image
- Daily gardening tips for Northeast growing conditions
- Daily sunrise and sunset times*
- Phases of the moon
- Plenty of room for notes
- Low gloss paper for easy writing
The UMass Garden calendar is a wall calendar. The dimensions of the calendar when open are 12.5" wide x 19" long.
* Sunrise and sunset times may differ from location to location within New England because of slight differences in latitude and longitude. Times used in this calendar are for Worcester, Mass. Moon phases, solstices, and equinoxes are in Eastern Standard Time.
Do you have a question on a home garden topic?
Proceeds from sales of the Garden Calendar benefit the work of UMass Extension's educational programs.