Dorchester, MA - CommonWealth Kitchen:
Do you want help better understanding the food safety principles behind your process? Do you need help with product development or scaling your process for a current or future product?
Propel your food business to the next level by delving into product development and food safety with Amanda Kinchla, of the UMASS Food Science Department, an expert on HACCP and product development.
The full day course will cover:
- Principles of Food Safety and Risk Management
- Establishing Process Controls & Effective Strategies for Record Keeping
- Quality Attributes of Food
- Financial/Business Considerations to account for in your product development process
- Food Regulation and Product Labeling and Claims
- HACCP Plan Requirements and/or Low-Acid and Acidified Certification
- Determine Formula, Process and Packaging for a safe food system
- Commercial Canning (Acidified Foods)
- Product Development Life Cycle
Full day ticket - $200 + eventbrite fee
If interested in learning about our scholarship program, please contact Roz Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org