Welcome to our TickTalk with TickReport Webinar Series
A FREE series brought to you by the UMass Laboratory of Medical Zoology and UMass Extension
TickTalk with TickReport is back for 2020! Starting in February, we will hear from Dr. Stephen Rich and the Laboratory of Medical Zoology (LMZ) every month! TickTalk in 2020 will also feature exciting guest speakers on tick topics that you told us were important to YOU. The series will include seasonality and life stages of ticks (key to planning intervention and prevention), emerging or invasive tick species, how ticks use vegetation and leaf litter throughout their life cycle, increasing fears of Alpha-gal allergies (allergies to certain meat and animal-related products), dispelling myths of tick control, and many more. Mosquito concerns, including life cycle, behavior, and EEE infection, will also be addressed and Dr. Rich will discuss the tens of thousands of mosquitoes the LMZ tests each year for a range of viruses. Tune in the 2nd Wednesday of the month!
Preregistration is required to access the webinars. To be notified of upcoming webinar dates and topics, join our e-mail list at: https://ag.umass.edu/landscape/email-list
4/8/20 - An Update from TickReport
Join us for updates from TickReport at UMass Amherst. This update includes the status of the lab during the COVID-19 response, summary data of the current Spring tick season in Massachusetts and beyond, and based on prior year's data, forecasts of what we may expect for tick activity in the coming weeks.
Register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4172502994884479746.
May-December topics TBD - 2nd Wednesday of the month
ARCHIVED WEBINARS (see links below)
- Seasonal Variation in Activity and Abundance of Human-biting Ticks (2/12/20)
- Tick Behavior: Finding Hosts and Feeding (3/11/20)
- Ticks And Personal Protection (2/13/19)
- Deer Ticks (Ixodes scapularis) and Associated Diseases (3/13/19)
- 2018/2019 Tick Update From the UMass Laboratory of Medical Zoology (LMZ) (4/10/19)
- American Dog Ticks (Dermacentor variabilis) and Lonestar Ticks (Amblyomma americanum) and Associated Diseases (5/8/19)
- 2019 Tick & EEE Update From the UMass Laboratory of Medical Zoology (LMZ) (10/9/19)