Attendees of this workshop will:
- Learn the basic components of a Massachusetts Commonwealth Quality Program food safety plan.
- Practice writing a standard operating procedure for common on-farm activities to improve efficiency and food safety on your farm.
- Prepare a water distribution map, which is required for your CQP food safety plan.
- Learn methods of traceability for your produce and understand what methods might work for your farm.
- Get started on a food safety plan with help from the experts at UMass Extension and the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR).
Workshop is limited to 25 attendees.
- Lisa McKeag, UMass Extension Vegetable Program
- Michael Botelho and members of the MDAR Produce Safety Team
Registration: Click here to register for this event online.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 8, 12:00noon
$30, includes lunch and parking. Limited to 25 attendees. Pre-registration required. To register by phone, please call the UMass Vegetable Program at (413) 577-3976.
Mail payment or pay at the door. Bulk payments may be made if you are attending more than one workshop in this series or if you are paying for multiple attendees. Please make checks out to "UMass" and send to:
UMass Extension Vegetable Program
230 Stockbridge Rd.
French Hall Room 306
Amherst, MA 01003
Questions? Contact the UMass Vegetable Program, firstname.lastname@example.org, (413) 577-3976
UMass Extension Vegetable Program 2019 Winter Workshop Series
This workshop is part of the UMass Extension Vegetable Program's 2019 winter workshop series. For more information on the other workshops in this series, see the links below.
Tuesday, February 12, 2019: Disease Biology & Management
Tuesday, February 19, 2019: Insect Biology & Management
Tuesday, February 26, 2019: Soils Part 1: Soil Testing & Nutrient Management Planning
Thursday, February 28, 2019: Soils Part 2: Soil Health, Cover Cropping, & Nutrient Management Planning
Tuesday, March 5, 2019: Funding Opportunities for Your Farm