Letter from the Director
Welcome to the Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment and UMass Extension Affirmative Action information section. The Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment makes it a priority to reach out to diverse audiences across the state of Massachusetts, our region and the country. The Center strives to offer equal access to educational programs and equal opportunity in employment for people without discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, age, physical ability, religion, sexual orientation and veteran status. The Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment adheres to federal and state statues, regulations and University policies regarding Civil Rights in our role as a cooperator with the United States Department of Agriculture, (USDA), National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA).
Information of interest:
- How to Report Concerns around Discrimination refers to the process to be used to raise discrimination-related issues regarding Center for Agriculture programs.
- Civil Rights Web Resources provides links to the laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment programs and offers an overview of the resources available on campus.
- Public Notification Policy describes how the Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment ensures continued notification to the public of its equal opportunity policy and includes Non-discrimination statements to be used on publications.
- Mailing Lists Policy describes protocols related to list management, including provisions for equal access.
- Use the Feedback Form to ask a question or provide feedback about how the Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment and its units are performing in the areas of Civil Rights compliance.
I welcome your suggestions or comments on how we can improve our services to assure equal access to programs and look forward to seeing you at the great variety of Extension programs offered throughout the Commonwealth each year.
Jody Jellison, Director
Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment, UMass Extension, and Mass. Agricultural Experiment Station
The Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment is an equal opportunity provider and employer, United States Department of Agriculture cooperating. Contact your local Extension office for information on disability accommodations. Contact the Center Director’ Office if you have concerns related to discrimination, 413-545-4800 or use the Feedback Form.