UMass Extension's Garden Calendar
For many years, UMass Extension has worked with the citizens of Massachusetts to help them make sound choices about growing and maintaining plants in their landscapes, including ornamental plants, backyard fruits and vegetables. Our 2020 calendar continues UMass Extension's tradition of providing gardeners with practical information.
Few plants can rival the floral display of rhododendrons and azaleas. The vast array of hybrids and cultivars of these plants makes them one of the most popular choices for landscape plantings. Since attention to their cultural needs and care is important to success, the 2020 UMass Garden Calendar features info on the preferred environmental condtions and care for rhododendrons and azaleas. Also included is a list of native choices.
Our perennial wish is that you enjoy this calendar as much as we enjoy producing it, and that it is helpful in all your gardening endeavors.
About the Calendar
Give it as a gift and enjoy one yourself all year...
Each month of UMass Extension's 2020 Garden Calendar features:
- One large, inspiring garden image plus information about the image
- Daily gardening tips for Northeast growing conditions
- Daily sunrise and sunset times*
- Phases of the moon
- Plenty of room for notes
- Low gloss paper for easy writing
The UMass Garden calendar is a wall calendar. The dimensions of the calendar when open are 12.5" wide x 19" long.
* Sunrise and sunset times may differ from location to location within New England because of slight differences in latitude and longitude. Times used in this calendar are for Worcester, Mass. Moon phases, solstices, and equinoxes are in Eastern Standard Time.
Do you have a question on a home garden topic?
Proceeds from sales of the Garden Calendar benefit the work of UMass Extension's Landscape, Nursery & Urban Forestry Program.