Forest Conservation Fact Sheets
Downloadable Documents on Forest Conservation
- Connecting People and Partners: A Town's Guide to Land Conservation
- Preserving the Character and Vitality of the Villages of Chesterfield, Conway, Goshen, and Williamsburg
- Skidder Bridge Fact Sheet
Cost, benefits, and plans for assembling a portable skidder bridge.
- A Forest Manager’s Guide to Restoring Late-Successional Forest Structure
- Forest Conservation Program
- Foresters and the Care of Your Land
- High-Grade Harvesting: Understand the Impacts, Know Your Options
- Massachusetts Sawmill Directory (2006)
- Restoring Old-Growth Characteristics
- Silvicultural Options for Managing Hemlock Forests Threatened by Woolly Adelgid
- Your Land, Your Financial Choices: Running the Numbers on Forest Conservation
Links to Other Organizations and Resources on Forest Conservation
MassWoods.net – The main website for the UMass Extension Forest Conservation program.
Visit MassWoods.net, the Forest Conservation program’s main website to find:
- Land trusts in your town
- State service and private foresters in your town
- Neighbors with training and experience in forestry and land protection
- Your options for passing on your land
- Stories of families who have conserved their land
- Timber Harvesting Information
- Southern New England Stumpage Prices
- Landowner programs, including Ch. 61, 61A and 61B
MassAcorn.net - An interactive website designed for landowners and others interested in the forests of the Westfield and Deerfield watersheds of w. Massachusetts.
Keystone Project – A three and a half day training for landowners and community leaders interested in promoting forest conservation.
Southern New England Stumpage Prices – Quarterly reports of stumpage prices in MA, CT, and RI
Family Forest Research Center – A collaborative effort of the U.S. Forest Service and UMass Amherst
Massachusetts Forestry Best Management Practices Manual