Learn how to fight the mite!
Where? UMass Amherst, Fernald Hall
When? Saturday, May 4, 9am-3pm
This full-day, interactive workshop, co-hosted by the MDAR Apiary Team and UMass Extension, will leave you prepared to control Varroa in your hives. It will include:
- HANDS-ON DEMOS showing how to apply miticides and use non-chemical tools.
- Demos of proper SAFETY procedures.
- Opportunity to create YOUR OWN INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT (IPM) plan.
- Participants will be challenged with a HANDS-ON CASE STUDY, in which they will have to make mite management decisions and apply mock chemicals. The best plan wins an APIARY DIAGNOSTIC KIT, so bring your best management ideas!!!!
The cost of the workshop is $40. Please pay at the door with cash or check.
Included in your registration:
- Bee-themed T-Shirt
- Varroa mite sampling jar
- Varroa mite IPM brochure and other related information to assist you in sustainable management
The chance to win an apiary diagnostic kit!
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL. If you are interested in getting on the wait list, or hearing about the next mite workshop, email Hannah Whitehead at email@example.com.