Come explore the research farm and learn about our current research projects.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Introduction to the Student Farm Enterprise
- Organic Fertility: Frank Mangan, Zoraia Barros, Aline Marchese and Viviane Barros
- GAP Certification: Zoraia Barros, Frank Mangan, Aline Marchese and Viviane Barros
- Pig and Vegetable Intercropping: Frank Mangan, Zoraia Barros, Aline Marchese and Viviane Barros
- Jilò (scarlet eggplant) variety trial: Aline Marchese
- Energy Efficient Food Storage Systems: Ben Weil, Luke Doody
- Establishing the Carbon Footprint in Agricultural Systems: Viviane Barros
- Management of Basil Downy Mildew in Organic Systems: Susan Scheufele, Katie Campbell-Nelson, Lisa McKeag, Ruth Hazzard
- Evaluation of Biological and Alternative Fungicides to Control Fall Diseases of Brassicas: Susan Scheufele, Katie Campbell-Nelson, Lisa McKeagm Ruth Hazzard
- Evaluation of Conventional and OMRI-Approved Insecticides to Reduce Cabbage Root Maggot Damage: Susan Scheufele, Katie Campbell-Nelson, Lisa McKeag, Ruth Hazzard
- Evaluation of Mustard (Brassica juncea) Cover Crop as a Biofumigant for Phytophthora capsici: Katie Campbell-Nelson, Lisa McKeag and Susan Scheufule
- Cover Crop and Nitrogen Management for Sustainable Potato Production: Emad Jahanzad, Allen V. Barker, Masoud Hashemi
- Amending Soil with Biochar and Rock Dust: Emily Cole, Kate Gervais, Stephen Herbert, Masoud Hashemi
- Growing Fava Beans in Massachusetts: Fatemeh Etemadi, Masoud Hashemi, Francis Mangan
- Native Pollinator Instillations: Sonia Schloemann
- Determining the Efficiency of Growing Crops under Photovoltaic Panels: Stehpen Herbert
- Establishing a Cost Effiecient Seeding Rate for Hairy Vetch as Cover Crop: Masoud Hashemi, Sarah Weis
- Floral Traits Affecting Disease Transmission in Bumble Bees: Lynn Adler
- Avoiding Vegetable Wash Water Contamination: Amanda Kinchla
Lunch will be served.
Please be prepared to be outside rain or shine.
Closed toe shoes are mandatory.