Back to top

How to Report Concerns Around Discrimination

How to Report Concerns Around Discrimination

If you want to report your concerns about discrimination, use any of the following contact methods:

First consider writing to the Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment and UMass Extension state offices, Stockbridge Hall, 80 Campus Center Way, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-9246 or call the main Center number at 413-545-4800 to discuss the situation, to determine remedies, or to request the appropriate University, state or federal complaint procedures and forms. Also see Civil Rights Information & Resources

Other ways to bring forth your concerns around discrimination include:

  • Contact the University of Massachusetts Equal Opportunity & Diversity office. See UMass EOD Grievance Procedure:
  • Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD):  A state agency that monitors discrimination in the areas of housing, employment, loans, and educational opportunities. Any person claiming to be aggrieved by an alleged unlawful practices may file a concern here. Offices are:
Boston Office
One Ashburton Place
Sixth Floor, Room 601
Boston, MA 02108
Phone: 617-994-6000
TTY: 617-994-6196
Springfield Office
436 Dwight Street
Second Floor, Room 220
Springfield, MA 01103
(413) 739-2145
Worcester Office
Worcester City Hall
455 Main Street, Room 101
Worcester, MA 01608
(508) 799-8010
(508) 799-8490 - FAX
New Bedford Office
800 Purchase St., Rm 501
New Bedford, MA 02740
(508) 990-2390
(508) 990-4260 - FAX

Also See: