Turnaround Time for Routine Soil Analysis
Our limited staff is working hard to keep up with the spring rush of samples, which are being processed in the order in which they are received. While we usually aim to send out results within 6-10 business days of receiving damples, we receive thousands of samples in April and May, resulting in longer processing times. Projected turn-around times for Routine Analysis results being sent out between April 14 and April 30 are as follows:
- Samples received on March 29 will be completed between April 14 and April 20 (12-15 business days)
- Samples received on March 30 will be completed between April 20 and April 23 (14-17 business days)
- Samples received on March 31 will be completed between April 23 and April 28 (16-19 business days)
- Samples received on April 1 will be completed between April 28 and April 30 (18-20 business days)
We understand that customers are often in a hurry to receive results. However, before inquiring about whether we received your sample and when your report will be complete, please keep in mind:
- The date of receipt in the lab is affected by weekends, holidays, shipping time, and time for UMass Campus Mail to deliver samples to the lab. Campus Mail delivery usually only takes place on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday due to pandemic restrictions.
- UMass takes a fairly standard set of holidays as listed here. These do not count as a "business day" in our turn-around time calculations; nor do weekends.
- It is possible that we sent your results but they were filtered out by your email client, which is common with emails that have attachments.
Please DO NOT send soil or plant tissue samples for these analyses: TOTAL SORBED METALS TEST, GREENHOUSE MEDIA ANALYSIS, PLANT TISSUE NUTRIENT ANALYSIS, PRE-SIDEDRESS SOIL NITRATE TEST. Information will be updated here when we have sufficient staffing to resume any of these services.
If you wish to contact the lab regarding interpretation of past analyses, guidance on lime and fertilizer recommendations or other related information, please email email@example.com and include your Order Number and Sample ID.
Last updated: 4/14/21.