Our University of Massachusetts 4-H Team have heard from many volunteers and families asking for new ideas for conducting virtual hands-on community service activities. We invite you to become engaged in this Earth Day Challenge that will combine environmental science and helping the planet. Contact Tom Waskiewicz, Carrie Chickering-Sears or Kim Pond.
Club Name___________________________________________ #Youth _______ #Adults _______
- Take 3 Pledge: Choose 3 behaviors/habits to change ___Youth ___Adults (Include examples)
- Incorporate a land acknowledgement to your meeting (include link)
- Plant a Row for the Hungry ___#families ___#pounds donated (Optional: Donation sites.)
- Learn Basic Tree Id: __Conservation Exhibit /Presentation ___#Trees planted
- Bird ID: ___Habitat Project ____#Youth Bird Behavior Chart
- Pollinator Power: ___#families adding flowers to garden/landscape
- Carbon Footprint & Andrill Project: ___#Youth examined a project/hobby ___Club Activity
- Water: ____ Located their local watershed ___Made Edible Aquifer ___Conservation Project
- Recycling/Upcycling: ___Youth created (Pictures of examples.) Could be a cleanup project.
- Citizen Science: ---#youth participating in a citizen science project (List )
Video from OSU for those that couldn't make the kick off for the Earth Day 4-H Club Challenge on April 8th about Geocaching with your family or club.