Back to top

Volunteer Forms

Applying to Be a 4-H Volunteer

All volunteers must successfully complete the volunteer screening process prior to beginning their volunteer assignment.  Your 4-H Educator will walk you through the application process and provide you with a volunteer application packet.  You will be notified when the process is complete, and you are cleared to begin your volunteer service.

Completed and approved forms must be on file.
A completed, and approved UMass 4-H Volunteer Packet must be on file with the local 4-H office prior to starting service as a 4-H volunteer.  All volunteers must have a completed and approved CORI background check.  The CORI forms are part of the volunteer application packet.

The UMass 4-H CORI Policy:

CORI Policy

Additional Forms:
The following forms must be on file with the local Educator or appropriate State 4-H staff Program Coordinator when volunteering in these specific roles:

As a 4-H Chaperone:

Chaperone Guidelines

Short-Term Volunteer Form:
Must be completed when volunteering in a short-term role such as helping at a 4-H fair or food booth.

Short Term Volunteer Policy, Application & Code of Conduct 2021

Field Trip Permission Form:
The 4-H Leader must collect these when conducting a club field trip for one day and/or for overnight trip.

One Day Overnight Field Trip Permission Form

Funding for Volunteer Training Sessions/Workshops/Conferences Form:
To support volunteers in furthering their training and growth as volunteers, funds are available to assist them in covering the cost of workshops and conferences. The funds are provided by the Massachusetts 4-H Foundation.

4-H Volunteer Application for Funds to Support Workshops/Conferences/Training Sessions

Annual Club Financial Report:
Each club or 4-H group must submit an Annual Club Report and Financial Form to their local 4-H office.  The form and detailed information are found on the volunteer page under Financial Management, Insurance and Report section.

Complaint Report Form: The Complaint Documentation form must be sent to the 4-H Educator or the 4-H Director, depending on the nature of the complaint.

Complaint Documentation Form

4-H Complaint Policy

Incident Report Form:
The Incident Report Form must be filed with the 4-H Educator if there is a serious incident or accident.

Incident Report

American Income Life Claim Forms:
Claim forms for American Income Life Insurance, for medical expenses as a result of an accident at a 4-H activity are obtained through your local 4-H Educator.  The injured person must be a currently registered 4-H club member, 4-H club leader, Advisory Council or Program Council member.