The strength of 4-H lies in its emphasis on hands-on, experiential learning opportunities, programs that connect learning to real-life situations and its connection to the Land-Grant Institution/University.
- Hands on Learning and Project based activities to engage your students.
- Resources powered by the Land Grant University System with over 100 years in youth development.
- Pick a topic that fits your needs from electricity, embryology, communication or rocketry as a few examples.
Majority of curriculum already tied to the Next Generations of Science Standards and/or Common Core
- Connect with others with similar interest
- In-school clubs that might focus on service learning or project based enrichment opportunity
- Additional resources to use in your classes
- Afterschool programming opportunities & training
- Contact your local educator to discuss your goals/needs
- Here are a few examples happening in MA
- In school clubs Hawlemont
- In School Enrichment - Springfield
- Babysitting as a part of an FCS class or afterschool
- Homeschool collaboratives and 4-H clubs